Professional Biography of Tacoma, Washington Personal Injury Attorney David A. Bufalini, P.S.
Mr. Bufalini understands that claims involving serious personal injuries and wrongful death are traumatic and emotionally difficult and challenging in nature. Clients often need not only legal support, but emotional support to help them move past their injuries and their claims. He and his experienced staff provide a comfortable yet professional atmosphere for clients struggling with serious injuries or the death of a loved one. Mr. Bufalini meets personally with each client, delivering trusted legal services with compassion and skill.
David A. Bufalini is admitted to the Washington State Bar Association, the Pierce County Bar Association, the King County Bar Association, and the Federal District Courts for the Western and Eastern Districts of Washington and maintains his membership privileges.
LEGAL EMPLOYMENT POSITION(S)
- 1978-1985: Associate, then Partner, MANZA, MOCERI, GUSTAFSON, AND MESSINA
- 1985-1993: Partner, MESSINA DUFFY BUFALINI
- 1993-1995: Partner, MESSINA & BUFALINI
- 1995-PRESENT: LAW OFFICES OF DAVID A. BUFALINI, P.S. INC.
In January, 1995, Mr. Bufalini started his current practice, which has grown each year. The firm's goal is to provide personal and compassionate assistance to people in need as the result of personal injuries sustained through no fault of their own, or the death of a family member.
Mr. Bufalini received his undergraduate degree from Western Washington University, in Political Science in 1974. He attended the Seattle University School of Law, graduating in December, 1977.
- Pierce County, King County, and Washington State Bar Associations
- Federal District Courts - Western and Eastern Districts of Washington
- Washington State Association for Justice (Lecturer and Seminar Chair, 1984 to present)
- Chairman, Roundtable for Pierce County, 1985
- American Association for Justice
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Co-Chair, ATLA Regional Mock Trial Competition, 1985
- Listed: Who's Who in American Law
- Listed: International Who's Who
- Awarded: Super Lawyer of 2002-2018 by Washington Law and Politics (Top 4% of Washington attorneys)
- "Top 115 Lawyers in Seattle Area" by Seattle Magazine, 2003
- Faculty Member, National College of Advocacy, 1986-1991
- Author/Editor, "Automobile Litigation & Evidence," 1989
- Martindale-Hubbell Registry of Preeminent Attorneys 2000-2018
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rating
- Chapter Author and Co-Editor, "Handling Motor Vehicle Accident Cases" (Callaghan), 1990
- Editor and Chapter Author, "Best of WSTLA Series: The Trial Cross-Examination"
- Frequent chair, co-chair, and lecturer for seminars offered by the Washington State Association for Justice and the Pierce County Bar Association;
- Charter Member Tacoma Attorneys Round Table
- Extensive trial experience, having tried more than ninety (90) cases to verdict in both state and federal courts
The trained staff members at the Law Office of David A. Bufalini, P.S., are para-professionals who are committed to handling each and every claim with professionalism and to providing the best possible support services on behalf of all of our clients.
Senior Staff Member/Claims Negotiator'Office Manager Debbie Crowl
Debbie has worked for Mr. Bufalini since 1986, having handled a wide range of duties from litigation to management to her current position as a claims handler and negotiator. Debbie is primarily responsible for drafting and preparing settlement demands and negotiating with claims adjusters as well as managing a case load of non-filed cases and helping clients with issues that arise on their claims. She also continues to handle management issues. She received her legal education from Highline Community College earning two Associate of Applied Science degrees while simultaneously completing the legal secretary program and the paralegal program. She's been in the litigation field since 1982 having spent her prior years in asbestos litigation.
Litigation Paralegal Anjuli Messmer
Anjuli received her legal education from the Paralegal Certification Program at Highline Community College, Des Moines, Washington. She has been working in civil litigation since June 2001. She joined Mr. Bufalini’s experienced legal staff as a litigation paralegal in November 2007. Anjuli works closely with clients, addressing client needs, issues and concerns while ensuring compliance with the rules of civil litigation. Her duties include coordinating and securing service of process, locating and interviewing fact witnesses, reviewing and analyzing documentary evidence, researching and compiling factual and legal case information, creating medical chronologies and reports, drafting legal documents and mediation briefing, producing trial notebooks and organizing trial exhibits. She is committed to effective and timely management of litigated cases from initial filing, through the discovery phase and into trial and post-trial proceedings.
Legal Assistant/Claims Negotiator, Kimberly Vorheis
Kim has worked in the legal profession for Mr. Bufalini as a Legal Assistant since November of 2000. Kim began as a legal receptionist and worked her way up to handling non-filed cases and helping clients with any of the many issues that arise. Since 2007, Kim has been managing a case load of non-filed claims that she follows all the way from intake through settlement. She drafts and prepares settlement demands and then negotiates settlements with claims adjusters under the supervision of Mr. Bufalini. She also manages all of the insurance coverage issues typically seen in personal injury claims. She is also the main contact for our web presence and is the firm's front desk manager.
Accounts Payable Manager, Eric Malgren
Eric is a graduate of Corban University and the University of Washington, and is the firm's bookkeeper. Eric has been working as the bookkeeper for the firm since 2008.